You’ve seen it everywhere, it’s technically a Christmas survey, but what can I say? I grew up in excrutiatingly P.C. New York, it could even be called a seasonal survey, but let’s just stick to Christmas. because it’s totally my favorite holiday after all.
I’m in the midst of Christmas Euphoria. Think of holiday baking, christmas music, christmas movies and admiring a lovely tree.
Here is my contribution, I hope you join in on the fun!
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate, all the way. It reminds me of being a kid! That beging said, I’m not going to turn away eggnog 😉
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Wraps them! Usually in paper that has some sort of Santa motif, he’s clever that way.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Colored lights on tree. Since I live in an apartment building we can’t put up lights outside, but I think white lights always look lovely!
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
5. When do you hang your decorations up?
When I was at home it was usually the first week of december (right around my Dad’s birthday), but now my family usually waits until I get home to deck the halls.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
My grandmother’s chicken will always be a favorite of mine.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
When I was about twelve my parents got me this doll that I really wanted, but they hid it like A Christmas Story. It was amazing!
8. What is on your Christmas Wish list?
An Artisan Kitchen Aid mixer in Almond Cream.
9. Do you open a gifts on Christmas Eve?
We go to my mother’s family (read: maternal grandmother) and open those gifts on Christmas eve, but my family exchanges gifts with each other on Christmas morning.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Colored lights, sentimental ornaments collected over the years of my childhood and a village under the tree that my father had when he was a kid.
11. Snow? Love it or dread it?
Dread it, resounding dread. It’s bad in England, but the insane snow we had in New York last year made it all the worse. I almost didn’t make it home twice!
12. Real tree or fake tree?
Real tree! My old preschool sells tree and we get ours from there every year, it has to be taller than me. Luckily, I’m only 5’3″ so it’s not much of an issue.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
This probably changes every year, but right now I have to say that it was a large grey sweater that I wear nearly every day when it gets cold.
14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?
The traditions! I love doing the same comforting things over and over, especially when set to happy music. For me, it’s a season about joy and love, two of my favorite things!
15. What is your favorite Holiday dessert?
Not exactly a Christmas dessert, but we’ve had zuppa inglese for dessert several times and it’s amazing! Kind of like tiramisù, but better.
16. What is your favorite tradition?
Hanging the ornaments up on the tree with my dad. Hands down, it’s one of my favorite things I do all year.
17. What tops your tree?
We have an ornament that broke a few years back that we changed into a tree topper. It’s circular and has a glitter snowflake on it. Sometimes the top of our tree goes bare, though.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
Depends on what I’m giving or receiving to be honest.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
I’ve got to say that This Christmas by Christina Aguilera will always have a very special place in my heart.
20. Candy canes, yuck or yum?
Don’t really like them, but I always have a strange compulsion to buy them when they appear in stores.
21. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Arthurs’s Perfect Christmas.
22. What do you leave for Santa?
Love and joy? I don’t leave anything for Santa…
23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?
Wake up early (either from jet-lag or excitement, sometimes both), open presents while watching a christmas movie and have breakfast. Then
try to delay for as long as possible drive down to visit family.
24. Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall?
I don’t know if I’ve ever done Christmas shopping at a mall, they aren’t that common in New York! Out of those two I’d say online.
25. Christmas letter or Christmas card?
Christmas card, but please without the awkward family photo or I will laugh and
dissect why it’s so awkward over dinner.
Your turn! Either answer one of the questions or give me the link to your post with your answers!