I’ve finished my essays and exams. I nearly ruined my favorite shoes in an attempt fetch some groceries to cook myself an awesome dinner. I haven’t been able to sleep for the past couple of nights because of a power fault alarm. Basically, yesterday got me down a bit. But there’s something I can do to make sure I fully enjoy my weekend; I can make a little list of the ten things that will put a smile on my face. Because there are always at least ten things that calm me down and remind me that everything CAN and WILL be okay.
1. I’ve finally found the recipe that perfectly replicates my favorite chinese takeout food, tofu and broccoli in brown sauce. Only now I can make it vegan, add mushrooms and eat it wherever I am. Total win.
2. 1973 is the most played song on my itunes. This shouldn’t make me so happy, but it really does.
3. Two of my friends are having birthdays this week, which means two excuses to bake fancy, extravagant and fun desserts. I’m thinking some flourless chocolate cake…
4. My yoga mat just fits into my room, meaning I can keep that appointment I have every afternoon to do Tara Stiles yoga videos from youtube.
5. Running has been going really well recently. I’ve started a 10k training program, have been able to keep up with it and am even *gasp* enjoying it.
6. My La Colombe Savoia beans ground for moka. Perfect coffee everyday. A great companion for blog reading, you know.
7. I found a place near uni that sells organic, whole foods. I bought spelt berries to celebrate. The return of whole grains! Oats, bulgur and barley I love you, but you don’t have anything on wheat berries, spelt berries and the like.
8. I have a reading week next week. That means no alarm clock to wake me up for nine days.
10. Putting on my new perfume in the morning. Amazing and rejuvenating.
What’s one thing (or two or three or ten!) that makes you completely and terribly happy?