Once again I’m here sitting in essay drowning insanity. After this batch, I’ll be done for a year. Oh year abroad how I am looking forward to you! I hope Italy will be nice and sunny. And warm, preferrably warmer than Bristol. I know it’s supposed to be Spring right now, but it feels like March. Only rainier.
Here are the things that are getting me through this spot right now:
1. Balsamic Strawberries. I keep meaning to roast them, I really do, but when I want them I don’t feel like waiting. Just chop up some fresh strawberries, drizzle them with balsamic vinegar and put a bit of greek yogurt on the side. Perfection in a bowl.
2. The 10k. It’s this weekend. I’m trying to not freak out about it. I’m trying to be excited. That’s why it’s number two. I choose to be happy and excited for this race.
3. Planning my next London trip. Okay, so I haven’t really started on this one yet, but every time I remind myself that I’m going to London in June to attend a Gabrielle Bernstein lecture, I get really excited. More good coffee!
4. Yoga. I’ve been rolling out my yoga mat pretty much daily to practice and unwind from my hectic day. It’s Relaxing and a decent workout for a tight schedule.
5. Summer planning. You better believe that I am dreaming about what I’ll be doing when the summer comes. Counting down the days and bookmarking places I want to go help make it feel all a bit more real.
6. Podcast walks. The sun stays out really late here, so I’ve gotten in the habit of taking a walk after dinner whilst listening to a podcast. Most recently they’ve been Gabrielle Bernstein lectures, though sometimes I like to change it up and listen to Spilled Milk. Fun and a great way to mentally prepare myself for an evening of work.
7. Long days. Is there any explanation necessary? The sun stays out until about nine and I don’t have to turn a lamp on until about eight thirty. I’m in love.
8. Fifteen minutes. Lately, I’ve been setting a timer (I recommend the Big Ben Tea Timer from the App Store) for fifteen minutes to help me get work done. After each segment I either take a little break or continue for another fifteen minutes. It’s crazy how much more productive I’ve become.
9. If you google ‘best croissant bristol’ my articles/blog posts come up twice. This makes me insanely happy and smiley.
10. My year abroad. I just found out my favorite lecturer went to the university I will be going to next year. It’s made me about 98.55% more excited for going abroad next year.
Your turn! Name one, two, or fifty five things that have been making you awfully happy recently.