My goodness! You know when celebrities, after winning a major award, go up to give a speech and open with how they didn’t expect this great honor and all that? Of course you do. Well, that’s kind of how I feel. Sure, when I started my blog I hoped people would read it, but somehow, in the back of my mind, I doubted that they actually ever would. Now, here we are nearly two and a half years later, and I’m writing my little speech about how awesome you all are. Thanks for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award!
- Add the “One Lovely Blog Award” image to your post
- Share seven things about you
- Pass the award on to seven nominees
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Inform the nominees by posting on their blogs
- Coffee Stained – Thank you so much Lindsey! If you’re interested in writing or fairy tales, this blog is for you. She’s recently posted some absolutely fascinating analyses and mini-histories of stories such as Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood and Sleeping Beauty. I’m always impressed by how well thought out her posts are!
Seven Facts about Emilia
- I hate, hate, hate flying, especially take off. I always close my eyes and I usually put on a sleep mask as well.
- I’m endlessly fascinated with places that are really cold. Which is strange because I hate being cold (have you read this article about getting drunk in Antarctica?)
- I once had a bottle of perfume taken from my suitcase on a flight from JFK to MXP.
- I judge all directions in New York City based upon the cafes I’m near.
- Copenhagen was one of my favorite cities I visited during my year abroad and I cannot wait to get back to Europe and visit some more of Scandinavia!
- I’m sure I’ve eaten red meat, but I cannot remember when/where/why/how.
- I can’t drive and, even though I know I should learn, I’m a bit too freaked out by cars to take immediate action.
And now, the seven nominated blogs (which you really should be reading already)
- Preconcept – A fantastic blog written by Carlota, a Portuguese university student. She posts pictures of her travels and, trust me, you’ll be wanting to hop on a plane to Portugal after the first click!
- Bake Affairs – If you like to bake, you’ll love baking affairs. The recipes are a nice mix of challenging and doable, each post has gorgeous photos and the flavors are all a bit unique. I’m dying to bake the pulla bread!
- Café Indonésie – If you’ve ever wondered what coffee drinking is like in another part of the world, this is the blog for you. Who knew that Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf was popular there?!
- The Well-Travelled Postcard – I love Virginia’s weekly posts about places she’s been and she always seems to be up to something interesting no matter where she’s living! A great blog to get inspired about travel.
- 200 Word Travel – This new blog by Kirsty Michelle Allen is a collection of quick iteniereies for visiting different cities. From Cardiff to St. Petersburg, you’ll be inspired to hit the road for sure!
- Girl Meets Life – I love reading Gracie’s blog for honest posts, fun recaps and great recipes. Plus, she’s always doing something awesome in NYC! I can’t tell you how many restaurants I’ve “discovered” after reading her blog. Terri Vegetarian? A worthy obsession.
- Savvy Sassy Me – Are you looking to get inspired? Then you will love Kacie’s blog! Her enthusiasm for life, fitness and healthy living infuse every post. You’ll want to jump up and get living after reading!
Your turn! Tell me an interesting fact about yourself 🙂