- ‘Dispatches from the Silk Road: The Must-Try Uyghur Food of Kashgar‘ from Serious Eats. Influenced by India and central Asia, Kashgar’s cuisine will force you to re-imagine what Chinese food can be.
- ‘Meditation on a Macchiato’ from Drift. A macchiato is a barista diagnostic: how do they interpret this polemical drink? A bad one is awful, a good one is the best coffee you’ll have.
- ‘The Quest for the Perfect Pad Thai‘ from BBC Travel. Although pad thai seems more Chinese than Thai and although it’s become a cliche exotic dish in the West, that doesn’t mean there aren’t good versions to be found in Thailand. They just might not be as delicious as you imagine them.
- ‘In the Swim of Things: Sapporo‘ from Monocle (The Escapist). In norther Japan, Sapporo residents enjoy a laid back lifestyle.
- ‘The Pros and (Considerable) Cons of Budget Bus Travel‘ from The New York Times. Megabus is miserable. But overnight? I’d never.